[linux-dvb] Re: VCD & SVCD playback with dvbcard

Hi

>     I have tried the readvcd program but it seems that all the VCD I have are in NTSC
>     standard. ;-((
>     At least the DVB says so and the image is corrupted on TV screen .

My primary target was to view my NTSC VCD's so I built myself a
SCART adaptercable because this way I get the RGB signal to my
TV. And with RGB you don't have to hassel around with colour
schemes. If your TV can display 60Hz and understands RGB input
you can enjoy your NTSC DVD's and VCD's in colour. Most newer
TV's should be capable of doing so.

First I tried to get the RGB signals from J2 on the DVBcard with a
"COM1" serial port ribbon cable but the quality sucked and pin 10
(ground) is not connected on this cable...
So I went to my local electronic store an bought some stuff to get
the signal from the jumper block. Don't know the english word for
it.. It's the female version of the jumper block (20 pins for me   just
cut 10 pins off with a knife)
Most important part is the SCART connector. Damn technical
terms ;)  I bought a scart socket.. You know  the ones you mount
on a circuit board or will be built in a VCR or Sat Receiver.
So now I just have to plug in my Scart cable and voila... NTSC
VCD in Colour on my TV.
BTW  You'll need a fully connected Scart cable  not those cheap
thin ones. But it does not have to be expensive. Sometimes you
pay a little fortune for these cables.
I bought a really nice one  3m length, gold plated connectors for
only 18 DM  (about 8.5$ ??)

What more to tell...   I'm happy  No more sitting in front of my tiny
PC monitor when watching my VCD's. Now I can relax in front of
the TV..
uuuuh   I'm babbling  but well I'm just so fu***** happy and the
burns on my fingers (from the adapter soldering) nearly don't hurt
anymore. ;)

Have a nice day
Joern

---