[linux-dvb] cli ?

Hi,

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean=2DFran=E7ois?= GOBBERS writes:
 > I'm feeding a TS containing only one ES (IP / MPE) through a Newtec
 > Modulator to a Siemens-Fujitsu card.
 > When generating the ES at ~10Mb/s, everything is OK, but at higher
 > bitrates, IP packets capture stops after 1 sec. When insmoding dvb.o
 > with debug turned on, I also get 1 sec of :

Well, 10MBit is exactly what Siemens (and the others) claim as maximal
throughput for IP/MPE.
Beyond that the ARM core goes bye bye ...

Great that you can generate your own streams. That's the first independent
test of the 10MBit limit I heard of.

 > Additionnally, the filter set by mean of a good VIDIOCSBITFILTER can't
 > be shutdowned after that (VIDIOCSSHUTDOWNFILTER returns -EFAULT) and I
 > need to rmmod all modules and reinsmod them to get things up and running
 > again.

Hmm, yes, I have to work on the drivers recovering fully after an ARM reset.

 > Soft & hard description:
 > - dual PII @ 350MHz
 > - 256MB
 > - 2.2.18 compiled with gcc 2.95.2
 > - driver version 0.8 (because I loose 1 IP packet every 20 packets or so
 > with 0.8.1 or latest CVS version, even at 10Mb/s) also compiled with gcc
 > 2.95.2

I think I found the reason for that.

 > - V4L interface (because I can't get __any__ packet out of the box with
 > the NAPI (that, for other purposes, rocks solid, by the way! Great
 > job!!))

Somebody still has to write a network module that uses the new API for
filtering.

 > Any help would be more than welcome...

Sorry, you have to use a different card.
E.g. the Technotrend-Budget/Hauppauge WinTV-Nova can deliver the full
TS and is supported by our driver. But filtering has to be done fully
in software.

Ralph

---