[linux-dvb] Re: AW: any working config to support > 2 GByte Files ?!

> Hi again,
dito

> > currently i'm running vdr 0.71 with dvb drivers 0.8.2 and kernel 2.4.0.
> >
> > My filesystem is reiserfs is now ver. 3.6, which supports 2GB files.
>
> err thats my problem, i need > 2 GByte support ( minimum 4 GByte ), best
> would be for FAT32, but anything else would also do ...
> So i got you right, your config only works for files < 2 GByte ?!

no, what I want to say: I got yesterday from somebody a tip, how to convert
reiserfs 3.5 (which doesn't supports files >2GB) to reiserfs 3.6
(which supports files over 2 gig).

You have simply mount it one time with:

mount -t reiserfs -o conv /dev/hdx /video

and from now on you can use it only with kernel 2.4.x but with filesizes
about 2 GB.

My main problem is now, how to get the files to my windows machine -
ftp or Samba doesn't support these filesizes - maybe I need a newer
Samba server...

Mario

---