[linux-dvb] Re: VDR-LCDproc Port ?

Harald Strauss wrote:

> Hello,
>
> still nothing VDR-Data to see on the Display (MtxOrb 20x4).
>
> My server-syntax :
>
> server/LCDd -d MtxOrb -c winamp

I doubt that "-c winamp" is known by the MtxOrb driver.
Check the 'INSTALL' file from the LCDproc source.
Once the server is running you can connect to it
with any proper lcdproc client like the patched version of vdr.

> Should i start a lcdproc-client ?
>
> What means the options  -L HOST [-p PORT] in the vdr call after VDR-LCDproc patch
?

if you want vdr to connect to a LCDd you have to specify
at least the host where where LCDd is running.

 ./vdr ...  -L localhost  ...

in the case that vdr and LCDd (listening on it's default port)
are running on the same host.

Martin

========== mailto:martin@hammerschmid.com ==========
=RSA-PGP-Key ID:0x81783FE7 DH-PGP-Key ID:0x6B66589A=