[linux-dvb] Re: NAPI & OSD? PAT, PMT, etc. Documentation?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> >
> > An OSD device was added to the new API only recently. You have
> > to upgrade to kernel >= 2.4.1 and get a current driver from CVS.
>
> Over the weekend I (with the help of Dave Chapman) managed to adapt
> VDR's channel tuning, OSD and EPG features to the NAPI, but I am using
> kernel 2.4.0 (as it comes with SuSE 7.1). Is there a reason why you
> are saying that one would need kernel >=2.4.1? From what I can see
> so far, it works fine with kernel 2.4.0 (didn't do record/replay yet,
> though).

The current driver uses the i2c-core module from the kernel, and
2.4.0's i2c.h is missing some defines needed to compile the driver.
At least that was what I heard, I upgraded from 2.4.0preX directly to
to 2.4.1...
Otherwise, the exact kernel version should be irrelevant for the
driver itself.

Johannes

---