[linux-dvb] Re: Slowmotion with ioctl on /dev/video and a cat on /dev/dvr ?

"Marcus O.C. Metzler" schrieb:

> Marion Krahn writes:
>  > Hello,
>  > I have a problem with the Linux DVB-API.
>  > I write a TS on device /dev/ost/dvr, so this stream will be played. Is
>  > it possible to see this TS in slowmotion by making a ioctl
>  > VIDEO_SLOWMOTION on /dev/ost/video ? If not, what can I do to see the
>  > stream in slowmotion (only with the Linux DVB-API!)?
>
> You can't get slow motion through /dev/ost/dvr. This device assumes
> that it gets the data from a realtime source like a webcast or a
> satellite transponder. Thats why can set filters on that incoming
> stream just like it came from satellite. If you want slow motion you
> have to feed your data as a multiplexed PS/PES into /dev/ost/video or
> as separate PES into /dev/ost/video and /dev/ost/audio.

How can I do this? My intention is to record a TS Stream to the harddisk
(maybe with cat /dev/ost/dvr > /... or something) and than play it and
see several parts in slow motion. I do not have a big machine, so I
guess, it is impossible for me to change in realtime a TS in PS/PES data
without dropping frames, or is it not so problematic as I think?

Marion

---