[linux-dvb] Re: recording multiple channels

Emil Naepflein wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 05:30:02 +0200 (CEST), Ralph Metzler
> <rjkm@convergence.de> wrote:
>
> > I would not expect to get anything better from this card.
> > If you want to record several A/V streams or even a complete TS you
> > should get a WinTV Nova.
>
> But then I assume it isn't possible to record encrypted channels
> anymore.

I assume WinTV Nova is basically the same as the TT-DVB budget PCI card
and there is an interesting paragraph at:
  http://www.technotrend.de/english/products/pcproducts3-2.html

which states:
  Offer several options, upon customer's request,
  such as Common Interface and embedded
  Conditional Access.

By customer I assume they mean OEM customer, so it raises the
possibility of there being some company which might be selling a budget
card with CI support.

Doug.