[linux-dvb] NAPI: missing VID_PLAY_CLEAR_BUFFER function

I am in the process of adapting VDR to the new API and can't find
a way to clear the driver's video buffer. In the old API there
was an ioctl-function VID_PLAY_CLEAR_BUFFER that did this, but
apparently that has been dropped in the new API.

Can somebody please tell me how I can clear the driver's video
buffer in the new API? I need this function in order to avoid
picture distortions when starting a new replay after stopping
a previous one, or in the "Skip 60 seconds" function, respectively.

Maybe the function is already there and I just don't see it...

Klaus