[linux-dvb] Posibility to rebuild the frame indexes?

I have some recordings from the Siemens original software which I'd like to
edit. Since I don't know any Windows tool which can do MPEG2 editing
(without reencoding the video, or does someone know such a Windows sw?) I
tried to copy the .pav files to my vdr /video directory. When I create the
needed dirs and rename the .pav file, VDR recognizes it and I can replay
it, but it crashes when  I go in fast forward/back mode, I guess because it
can't find the frame indexes. Is there a way of rebuild them or to convert
the .pav files so that VDR can work with them?

Tnx, Dany