[linux-dvb] New Nova with old API ?

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean=2DFran=E7ois?= GOBBERS writes:
 > Are the new WinTV Nova cards (model 543) supported by the 0.8.2 driver ?
 > If yes, how do I get the entire TS using the old API (after successful
 > tuning), if possible at all ?

I don't know which model number is using the new frontend and which
one the old one. Hauppauge is also well known for not changing the
model number of products even when radically changing the hardware.
This already was a nightmare when I wrote the bttv driver and every
few months a new WinTV card with same model number but different
sound/tuner/teletext chipsets showed up.

Anyway, the new frontend is the one without pass-through connection.
This one will not work with the old driver. There is no way to get the
complete TS with the new API yet.

Ralph