[linux-dvb] vdr process killed by closing x session ?

Hi there,

i finally got VDR 7.1 running under Suse 7.1 with the 0.8.2 drivers and LIRC. First of all I like to mention that it works really fine - I used Windows2000 with WinDVB Live before that - but as a standalone solution I bet VDR is the best choice :-)

Maybe the "problem" I am experiencing is no real problem - but some misunderstanding because of my only-Windows-knowledge :-)

I start VDR on tty1 using the vdr executable or the script runvdr. Now I switch to the graphical console to log into X. The Session gets started (KDE and stuff) and when at this point VDR is still running. Now logging off on the graphical console (not on tty1) kills the VDR Process running under tty1 - even when I started vdr with the --daemon option!
Why is this ? I thought VDR is running as a background task - as lircd does too. How can it be affected by closing the X session ?

Is someone facing the same problem ?

Thanks for any hint....

Martin.