[linux-dvb] Re: DVD Player on DVB (was Many thanks to all)

Thus spake Ernst Braun (dvb@con.de):

> It's good to hear that it works with 2.4.x.!
> But  I use egcs too and had no errors compiling dvb-cvs with kernel
> 2.4.2. If I did'nt make a mistake there can only be a difference in the
> hardware we are using. I use a Hauppauge DVBS 564 017685 which I bought
>  factory sealed a few weeks ago.
> (I also tried another one of the same type with the same results).

Well, as I was with 2.4.2, I used the CVS that was released while 2.4.2,
I could be better to use latest kernel release with latest CVS?

Just a supposition...

> On the other hand there must have been a change in dvb or kernel too as
> it works for me with kernel 2.2.18 and dvb-0.8.2
>
> Possibly you have a dvb card which is more tolerant to those changes.

Yes, I have the first Hauppauge DVB-s...

> If  you referenced to the script "playdvd.scr" I did of course all
> steps which are done inside this script otherwise it would'nt work
> anyway

I can confirm that under 2.4.3(ac) it is working perfectly for me, have
you tried the skip video option (or audio I don't remember) such that
the synchro is perfect?

	Greg