[linux-dvb] VDR Playback not smooth ?

Hi,

as played around with VDR a little bit more I found out that the playback of recordings doesn't seem to be smooth. I mean that 1 or 2 times each second the playback stops for one frame and then skips one frame.
One can see this the best if you have an object moving from left to right or vice versa. (otherwise it's no so obvious) The best is some kind of scrolling text. This seems to stop and then jump. I hope one can understand what I'm trying to say...

So I thought of a performance issue - but CPU showing in top is almost 98% idle, hdparm tells dma is on.
Maybe it is some kind of muxing problem with the recorded files ?

So here is my equipment:

AMD K6-2 400 MHz
128 MB RAM
33 GB HDD (running in udma mode)
Hauppauge WinTV DVBs (old one)
Suse Linux 7.1
Kernel 2.2.18
DVBs Driver 0.8.2
VDR 0.7.1

Does anyone encounter the same problem ? Or is it normal using these versions ? Will it then be solved in newer versions of VDR or the driver ? I have not yet tried VDR 0.7.2 because a lot of problems were reported in this mailing list.

Any ideas ??

Martin.