[linux-dvb] Problems playing still-frames or video

Hi!

I was trying to output a videostream consisting of iframes only. the
stream plays fine in software players (but tsmpegenc tells it has underruns),
but if i cat it to /dev/video, the only results are messages like:

dvb: Playing ES
MPEG0: video:  ASPECT: 1:1  Size = 512x384  FRAMERATE: 25 fps  BRate: 2.0 Mbit/s
and the screen blanks out.
MPEG0: PAL mode

after several days of trying, I decided to use the VIDEO_STILLPICTURE
ioctl, same results. Actually IŽd prefer to put out stillframes, because
I may not be able to go on without dropping input frames.

I use libfame to generate the videostreame, and a modified version to
generate the sole iframes. The still-picture-ioctl returns 0, as if the
format would be ok.

If I use a different input-stream, 384x288, I get a picture, however only
at half of its horizontal size.

so, 1) why wont it display at the higher resolution, and why might it show
on half on lower? can somebody send me an iframe binary that displays correctly?perhaps I got its format wrong, but the card seems to accept a lot of
variations. a clear definition would be great.

and 2) is there some way to get uncompressed data into the card? (I know
there is no such thing within the api) On a celeron 800, I am unable to decode
a divx stream, recode and display it, and play audio without jitter.

faz