[linux-dvb] Re: Rebuilding index.vdr files

Roland Praml wrote:

> Today I've played a little bit around to generate the index.vdr file.

Excellent!

I have many movies and Star Trek shows that I recorded
from analog TV (with an SGI O2) and converted to VCD
format (MPEG 1).
It appears that your program recognizes them and
creates a usable index file for them.
Also, the latest 0.8 driver seems to play them back
without a glitch (older versions had an Audio/Video
sync problem with MPEG-1 files).
And the DVB-S card correctly scales them to full size.

So now I made a little shell script that links all of
them into dummy directories under /vdr and creates an index.

The only drawback will be the amount of time that I'll
have to spend scrolling in vdr's > 100 entries recordings
menu now. ;-)

I think somebody else has suggested this before: Would'nt
it be nice to have an additional hierarchical level in the
recordings menu? As an example, that would allow us to
group recordings by Genre or by "person who recorded it",
etc.

Carsten.