[linux-dvb] Re: Rebuilding index.vdr files

> I have many movies and Star Trek shows that I recorded
> from analog TV (with an SGI O2) and converted to VCD
> format (MPEG 1).
> It appears that your program recognizes them and
> creates a usable index file for them.
Does it recognize them directly off the VCD ? Or do you have to read out the *.dat File from the VCD first and strip off some info to get a normal mpg file ?

> So now I made a little shell script that links all of
> them into dummy directories under /vdr and creates an index.
Could you be so kind to post ist here ?
I guess this will answer my question how to handle the VCD Data (see above) too

This would be fine, because what I am searching for is a way to easily "export" the recordings from VDR to archivate them, with the possibility of later playback.
Actually I'm producing SVCDs or (X)SVCDs (without re-encoding - so it's a SVCD with 720x576 resolution at 3-5 Mbit/s bitrate - I call them DVBsVCD, because that's what they are ;-) - but I lack the proper possibility of playing them.
I guess some standalone DVD Players could, that's why I'm doing (X)SVCD beside the fact that you can store ~800MB of video on a CD-R80 - but at the moment I don't have such a DVD Player, so a way to use VDR for that would be really nice !
I've played around with readvcd (or vcdread ? - mentioned some threads ago - seach for "VCD") to cat the video off the svcd to /dev/video - and the DVBsVCD was played, unfortunately readvcd has no lirc support - so using VDR would be the best !

btw. How long does it take to read one VCD, store the mpeg in /video and rebuild the index ?
I'm afraid it takes long, so using readvcd or something and implementing lirc support or even integrating into VDR (?) would be the better way ?

Martin.