[linux-dvb] Re: Rebuilding index.vdr files - "older" format ?

Hi Roland,

first some naming definition:
- The recent dvb module output is PES format
- the older dvb module output (with streamtype=0 or so) is AV_PES
If not, please tell me and substitude in the following:

Your program can rebuild index.vdr for PES format.
PES format has - compared to AV_PES - additional
information sections, starting with "00 00 01 e0". That is what
the outer loop in your program is looking for.
This positions are used for
1) define the search range for the inner loop
2) the position as it is written into index.vdr

So, if I need a program for AV_PES, I should need
just one loop, looking for "00 00 01 00" (as the inner on already does).
Am I am right, that this is the position, I must write into index.vdr ?
(Because there is no "00 00 01 e0" section anyway.)

But then: I tried it, but got less matches than your program.
(At least I think so. I ran out of time then.)
So yours must have counted a few "00 00 01 00" too times?
So the different ranges that were evaluated by the outer loop,
were overlapping??

Does this make any sense ? Or: Were can I find some doku about these formats.
(Sorry, sorry, sorry. I think this was asked and answered quite a few times, right?
But however, I coud not find it.)

cu,
  Thomas