[linux-dvb] Re: SOft CI

hi,

i'm not sure if this is true:
there seem to be some irdeto sources around. but there is always lots of
noise and very few information.

to have a software inplementation for decrypting would add a lot of
flexibilty toe the dvb-system.
but one of the "metzlers" told me, that even communication with the
modules is only available in standards-documents you have to pay for.

Jörg-Oliver Todamm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for some SmartCard Reader support, so I can use a CAM
> without integrated Readler like the Irdeto. Maybe this is possible,
> maybe not. But The prices for these CAMs is quite high with about
> EUR250. But other BetaCrypt modules are available at EUR90. Only the
> keys hat to be delivered to the CAM.
>
> Anyone has further knowledge about that? Does it make sense to further
> investigate or should I stop buing disk drives and buy a Irdeto to
> retire my D-Box?
>
> So long,
>
> J.-O. Todamm

  markus schorer              fon 089.540.149.0
  heimeranstrasse 68          fax 089.540.149.44
  80339 münchen               http://www.plain.de