[linux-dvb] Re: Starspeeder

> As you have probably heard, Starspeeder is now up and running. Seems that
> the service is quite fast and reliable. But there is one big problem. All
> the DVB-S using the Siemens/Hauppauge/Technotrend architecture run into
> problems with the Europestar satellite used by Starspeeder. On heavy load
> (eg bigger downloads) the Hauppauge Data Application for windows hangs
> after
> few minutes. Hauppauge announced a patch for today. One of CBL's partners,
> "Internet-Agentur-Schott" (www.internetvia-satellit.de) said that the
> problem could be the FEC 5/6 instead of 3/4 as it is used on Astra.
I donīt think that there is the same Problem ! - because this Problem is not only at Starspeeder - bevore 1 Year i have used the same Card unter WINDOWS2000 with UB-COM - there the Data-Applikation also crashes down sometimes...

A Friend of me have used this at the same time with LINUX - without any problems.

> Starspeeder is based on a VPN using PPTP. So i think it should be possible
> using it with Linux

If anybody know how to connect to Starspeeder at the LINUX BOX and forward (Masquarade) this connection to the internal NETWORK - Please answer to this E-Mail !!

Best Thanks.

Axel Gruber