[linux-dvb] Re: Conversion to DivX...

    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

> > if you want, I can post the script that do mplexing and the
conversation.

> great, do that.

first I have to say,my VDR names the recording files with the filesuffix
".mpg" not
".vdr" because then I can directly play the files with AsusDVD (PowerDVD) on
my
Windows machine. Maybe you must do some changes in the script.

the first part of the script handles the mplexing of the VDR files.
the second part start mpeg2divx with the new files.

I have mpeg2divx 0.8 but I added the line

        IVideoEncoder::SetExtendedAttr(codec, "Crispness", 80);

in mpeg2divx.cpp at line 214 (sorry, but I don't know how to make and post a
patch)
I think this increases the picture quality a bit.

for the movies from PRO7 (they have the right format 720 x 576) change to
the dir
where the files are and start

    nice DivX -b 4000 -c 80

the -c 80 option is for 16:9 movies to clip the black lines from top/bottom
the -b 4000 is the "bitrate" of the Avi-File. You must divide that by 38
the out.avi has a Bitrate: 4000/38=105 kByte/s. So A 110 minute movie has
about
700 MByte. I start the script with "nice" so that the other processes like
VDR
can run smooth on the box. On a k6-2 400 I get about 5 fps.

if you have recordings that are not 720 pixels wide (e.g. 480 from RTL2) you
have
to add the option -w 720. Scaling needs lot of power so that I only get 1.5
fps

If I encode a new movie I first cut the movie with VDR. Then I encode about
500 frames (-e 500), watch the result with Windows Mediaplayer if the format
and clipping is correct adjusted, then I encode the whole movie.

feel free to ask me, if you have questions or ideas how to make the script
better.

Roland

---------- the DivX script ------------------
#!/bin/bash

FILES=`ls 0*.mpg`
if [ -z "$1"]; then
    echo no params;
    exit 1;
    fi
for FILE in $FILES; do
    echo "Converting: $FILE";
    if ! test -e $FILE.mpx; then
        mplex -o $FILE.out -t MPEG2 $FILE
        touch $FILE.mpx;
    fi;
done

FILES=`ls 0*.mpg.out`
ALL=""
for FILE in $FILES; do
    ALL="$ALL $FILE"
done
echo "Starte mplex mit $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $ALL out.avi";
mpeg2divx $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $ALL out.avi;