[linux-dvb] [Massimiliano Perantoni <perantoni@wnet.it>] Re: Re: Want some more problems? (Was :Re: Re: Tuning/Decoder Problem with version 0.9)

> > AMD Thunderbird 700 Processor
>
> This means a VIA chipset is used.

Yes I know it's buggy, but it's the only chance for AMD processors... Is
there and other Chipset for AMD processors?

> Why aren't you using VDR with the old 8.2 drivers?

Well, it looks as if when I use such drivers, sometimes the driver
dresets the ARM (what's that?), and goes well, some other times it
resets it several times, but the dvb.o module seems not to care that the
program closed (i kill gVideo or what I use) is just ONE, but thinks I'm
closing from 13 to 26 programs and brings the module usage counter to
-13 to -24: this thing obviously makes me reset the machine, as there is
no way to unload the module :-(

> The ASTON CAMs are very unstable. The version 1.03 seems to be the most
> stable one but still crashes occasionally.

Nice thing... As my brother works with satellite antennas, could you
help me in defining which should be the best one for this use?

> I have the same problem with a 700 Mhz Duron and the VIA KT133A chipset.
> I haven't found any solution for it yet.

Do you think it's related to recent discovere chipset issues? Why then
with older kernels (under the TV card only, not DVB that has ALWAYS had
the same problem) all goes right?
Greetings Massimiliano

> Emil
>

> --