[linux-dvb] Re: new Hauppauge Card: Using the Remotecontrol

Hi,

I am quite new to linux and esp. to dvb, and unfortunaly i bought the new haupauge card v.2.1 without loop thru and WITH IR-Remote.

If you connect the CA - module with the card, the build in jack for IR is disabled, you have to use the jack on the CA-module. You must build/buy/... an adapter through, since the sizes are different
:(. I tried this with the original windows software and the IR-Receiver from my home surround system and it works. Still there is the driver Problem, I do not know yet if it works with LIRC.

Carsten