[linux-dvb] Re: exporting VDR files

Hi,

On May 27, 17:00, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: exporting VDR files
> I have tried this, but i'm still not able to get A/V in sync. I have tried
> to convert the recordings from vdr (0.72, DVB 0.8.2) with mplex with the
> following options:
>
> mplex -tMPEG2 -o st-mpeg2.mpeg 001.vdr (with various -a -v options)
> mplex -tDVD -o st-dvd.mpeg 001.vdr
>
> With both methods Audio and Video arent in sync. What am i doing wrong
> here?

Hm, I haven't encountered this problem. What software do you use to check this,
xine?

> Anonther question, how can i split the resulting file to burn them on CD?
>-- End of excerpt from Thomas Koch

Why not use VDR for this? I know, it's not elegant, but I have found no other
program capable to split MPEG2 program streams.

Use this number for the MAXVIDEOFILESIZE in VDR's dvbapi.c:

     //#define MAXVIDEOFILESIZE (1084*1024*1024) // Byte
     #define MAXVIDEOFILESIZE PUT_YOUR_NUMBER_HERE

PUT_YOUR_NUMBER_HERE will be (about) the length of the .vdr files in bytes.
Then recompile and restart VDR and use the cut option of vdr to cut the video
into pieces of the size you need.

I use this as a preprocessing step when producing SVCDs from VDR files. If you
are interested in this process you should visit my site:

http://www.pxh.de/fs/svcd/DVB2SVCD/index.html

Peter

--
Peter Hofmann                  e-mail: junk@pxh.de