[linux-dvb] Re: Problems using mplex (fwd)

 > So this is already ++++ times faster then demuxing and remuxing to mpeg2,
 > which gave me no usable audio anyways.
 > Now I am contemplating writing code that re-arranges the video frames in
 > incremental order (so as to prese3nt a more pleasnt stream to the
 > 'hardware'.

You should not do that. The PTS is only the presentation time
stamp. There is also a DTS which is the decoding time stamp. Since B
frames depend on frames that precede and follow them, those frames (I-
and B- frames have to be present before the B-frame can be
decoded. That's why the frames don't come in order.

 > Also this has no buffer limit really in Linux.
 > Maybe that will solve any additional frame drops...

The buffer limit is in the hardware. That's why you need correct muxing.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de