[linux-dvb] Re: Disable only one Card in VDR if Plyback from DVD?

> I do the preperations to integrate DVD in my VDR, some Questions.
> I have 3 CArds and recordings all over the Day.
> So if i want to watch a DVD i have the Problem to disble VDR completely.
> If i do this i miss my recordings :((

"Current" VDRs can be "locked" to a single DVB-Card so you can start 3
instances of VDR (or 1 for "Frontend" and 1 for the 2 "Backend" Cards) and
then you only have to kill the "Frontend" VDR-Task.

I use something "similar" to this. As i have 2 CAMs so i have to use 2
Computers. I have a "Frontend"-Computer with 1 DVB-Card and 1 CAM and a
"Backend"-Computer with 2 DVB-Cards and also 1 CAM.

When i want to replay something i kill the "Frontend"-VDR and replay what
i want, that restart VDR again. :-)

For programming the 2 VDR-Instances i use my Master-Timer which is
"Multi-Instance"-aware in the 0.1-Version.

Bis denn