[linux-dvb] New Digital TV Client DTV - First Public Release

Hi folks,

obviously the announcement I posted yesterday evening on this list did not
appear until today. Therefore I try it again, hopefully it works this time:

I am proud to announce the first public release of a new client for controlling
the DVBs cards from Technotrend/Hauppauge/Siemens, which are supported by the
DVB driver of Ralph Metzler. This client is called 'dtv' and focuses on the
correct interpretation of program information sent through the DVB-SI
datastream. It tries to do its best in serving as a replacement of commercial
set-top boxes like the D-Box. There is no function to record/replay
broadcastings at the moment, but you can do with it (hopefully) nearly all
things beside that. 'dtv' owns the following features:

  - ETSI compliant integrated receiver decoder (IRD) to control an arbitrary
    number of DVB devices by one or more input devices
  - possibility to be used as a TV server with individual input mapping
    and channel set (bouquet) for each DVB output device
  - supported input devices: KEYBOARD, LIRCD, built-in remote device, TCPIP
  - OSD display to provide a menu-driven user interface
  - NVOD-Services (PW Cinedoms), Linkage-Services (PW Superdom/F1),
    Multiple Audio-PIDs (alternative language tracks) fully supported
  - PAT/PMT/SDT scanning used to correct predefined PID settings
  - PAT/PMT/SDT based transponder scanning to define available channel lists
  - EIT scanning (electronic program guide) supported
  - additional database interface (PostgreSQL) to access an internet-based
    and daily maintained free program guide
  - TCL-based configuration language
  - Fully-cached videotext/teletext decoder

Other features are on my list, suggestions or improvements are always very
welcome. The program should be pretty stable, because I use it for quite half a
year now as my primary and only satellite receiver box without major problems.
WARNING: As 'dtv', especially the Videotext part of it, uses the OSD code as it
was a few weeks ago, I would recommend to use a driver, which is not newer than
mid of may, at least until the OSD memory becomes as big as it was at this
point.

I release this code under Gnu GPL, the project is hosted by SourceForge.Net with
the Name hesdvb. The
first release of DTV can be downloaded from:

    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hesdvb/DTV_1_0.tgz

Email comments and improvements to this list or directly to

hakenes@hippomi.de

Have fun,

rh