[linux-dvb] [Fwd: Re: Disable only one Card in VDR if Plyback from DVD?]

Bernd Hoose schrieb:
> So if i want to watch a DVD i have the Problem to disble VDR completely.
> If i do this i miss my recordings :((
May I suggest an easy solution to this an some other problems:

What about one special channel ("0"?), which instead of tuning in a
channel just releases all devices used by vdr?
Tuning back to any other channel would than have to open them again. Is
that difficult to implement?

Then other applications like dvd player or Rolfs new tool (didn`t get it
so far. Does it run in parallel with vdr right now?) or whatever could
be run without shutting down vdr. The only problem I see is, that vdr
can`t open the devices again for a timer recording if one hasn`t
finished using the other program in time.
Maybe a command from command.conf is triggerd a minute before timer
start. I would send a warning via speech out and after some time do a
"killall" for all known other apllications in that case.

Some people asked for a "loop through" fuction to use analog decoders
quite some time ago. This would be solved as a side effect.

I have a "mute" channel (just by giving wrong PIDs) with black screen
and no audio.
That works good for me, but costs me some driver stability because of
the known problems while tuning without success.
So I would apreciate a "clean" solution.

Klaus, would it more than one or two lines of code to mute audio while
scanning?
To make using vdr and my jukebox most convinient for my family, all
audio channels are always send to all rooms. So you always hear what you
turn on (and the speech out I mention above and use for several
functions), no need for mixer usage most of the time. But then, if I
forget to turn of the speakers ...
Not everybody likes TV-Sound in all rooms in the middle of the night ;-\

Greetings

   Michael