[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: AW: again: IS simultaneous recording of Video + AC3 "nearly" dropoutfree possible ?

Nils Heidorn (nils_heidorn@gmx.de) wrote:

> The other possibilities for you would be to playback AC3 via Soundcard with
> SP-DIF ( Like SBLive or Terratec 512i ) or via Hollywood+ MPEG2 Decoder Card
> SP-DIF ...
>
> Thank you for those news, i hope you get VDR stable with the new API so we
> can see all your NEW ideas becaome real :-)
>
> Nils

hello ,

I 've got a small experience of using the SPDIF-OUT pin of the DVB-S board ( from Techisat in my case ) .

I send the SPDIF output data to SPDIF-IN which one is on my SB Live 5.1 sound card .
The sound card has an ability to spread out ( or pass through  ) a data steam from it's own SPDIF-IN
to 5.1 channels (there're 3 analog audio outputs on the board :

front L/R , rear L/R , sub/center

I tested it while watching  Pro7's Dolby Digital movie and it doesn't appears to be working ( i mean here that there're were only 4 channels with sound )

>From the other hand I didn't test enough ...

If anyone is interested in with this test I will do it throughly :)

--
piter