[linux-dvb] Re: Timeshifting + CI

Am 03.06.2001, schrieb "Peter van Gent" <pvgent@xs4all.nl> ...

> I want to build a VDR system which can do timeshifting and uses a CI.
> For timeshifting you need 2 sat-cards, a low budget and a full featured
(FAQ 2.03).

It should better say "at least". With such a setup you can do timeshifting
only with the free-to-air channels -> low budget is receiving, full
featured is playing.

> The CI interface must be connected to the last card in the system (FAQ
2.05).
> Since low budget card (Win-TV nova) has no CI, the last card must be the
full featured card.

And the last card must also be the primary interface, which brings
additional drawbacks. If you want to use timeshifting and CI, you should
have at least 2 full featured cards, No.1 w/o CI as primary interface for
viewing and receiving FTA and No.2 with CI for recording/timeshifting
(enycrypted and FTA). This setup has only one drawback: you can't watch
encrypted channels while recording free-to-air (to be correct: you can,
but you have to change the setup ->No.2 as primary interface). So the
best setup would be 2 full featured and one low-budget cards, 1 f-f for
viewing, 1 f-f for receiving encrypted channels, 1 l-b for receiving FTA.

> Can i use a single LNB connection or do i have to use a dual LNB
(seperate connection for each sat-card)?

You need separate connections for each card.

Greetings,   Marcus