[linux-dvb] Re: Mplex doesn't work

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001, Jan Panteltje wrote:

> I think I evaluated that, the drift comes from the disk system being
> so busy (lots of change in scene) that a block of data is late.
> Then somehow the driver re-aligns data internally? perhaps.
> If you keep the disk from other things, so no swapping occurs, this drift
> does not happen.

This only applies to replaying a recording with the DVB card, right? I
noticed that a couple of times, too. I think this happens when there is
not enough disk i/o bandwith left for the replay thread on a heavily
loaded system so - from my point of view - this is no bug or design
problem.

If you have enough RAM in your system, you can probably get around this my
enlarging VDR's internal buffer (someone else recently posted a message on
how to do this).

Regards,
hh