[linux-dvb] driver is locking system

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-2" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

hi,
I have a Technisat SkyStar I DVB. For about a year I was running it on
various 2.2.x kernels with drivers from 0.39 to 0.6 without any problem. The
main purpose of this card is EON data connection (no tv), and it worked more
or less reliable. Now I've upgraded my proxy to RH 7.0, with kernel 2.4.3
(the standard kernel, not the ones modified by rh). I've tried different
driver versions, all of them ending by lockyng my machine. The current
combination (kernel 2.4.3 and driver 09-20010407) is printing several
"writereg error" and then dies, eventually locking my sistem). In hope there
is a kernel isuue i've succesively downgraded my kernel to 2.4.2 and then to
2.4.0 with the same results) The kernel is compiled with i2c support and v4l
support, so I can't figure out wat's wrong! I MUST BE DOING SOMETHING
STUPID, but i dunno what! If someone has a clue please tell me. I repeat i'm
only interested in data transfer, not TV).

+ Be carefull what you wish,
+ You just might get IT!
+ sadig@ts.ro