[linux-dvb] mplex gives me strange results

when using mplex -t MPEG2 or -t  DVD i get files that can be played in xine.
But they look very strange. the middle of the picture is ok.but the left and
the right border are kind of alpha blended and twisted on each other.I onlz
tested it twice but got the same results.vdr and dvb both are newest versions
running in debian.
Whz does the old version of the driver not compile under debian(sid).
i dont want to use suse or redhat because i love debian. But i cant get dvbd
working in debian.
Is anybody porting the net device to the napi?
gruss jonas