[linux-dvb] AW: Re: Auto-shutdown after recording

Hello Matthias,

> You know the point where you switch off the power so a few Minutes before
> that point you let "cron/at" execute
>
> (halt/init 0/poweroff/<whatever>)
>
> And the system will shutdown and your switching clock will switch off the
> power supply.
>
> There is simply no problem at all. At least i can't see any problem.
> (Maybe i'm blind <g>)
Sure this is simple, but you have to enter the time for cron/at.
I think a solution could be to write a small shellscript, which
reads out timer.conf and adds the specific line for cron. For the
future I was thinking of a switching clock which could be programed
via serial line.
So thinks should go like this:
- Program VDR via OSD
- Shutdown VDR by hand. This should trigger the following steps:
  + run script to set cron jobs
  + program switching clock (by hand or serial line)

So the first stage should run without any additional hardware.

I am not so used to shell script programing, but maybe I get
something out, thats working.

CU

Jens