[linux-dvb] Multiple opens on /dev/video

Harald Lipphaus writes:
 > Hi all together,
 > as far as i understand, one of the benefits of the newer 0.9 driver is
 > the ability to open the video device in multiple concurrent
 > applications.
 > But how can i manage to do this? When i try to start xawtv it complains
 > about "device already in use..".

That shouldn't happen. If vdr doesn't open /dev/video it should be
possible to open it. I haven't tested it with vdr, but I am currently
running rtuxzap and just tested it with tuxview and there were no
problems.
Are you using the latest versions of the driver and vdr?

 > So, how can i get a picture on my PC-monitor while VDR is running.
 > IŽd prefer to use the framebuffer-device, but fbtv has the same
 > behavior.

That is also possible, although I haven't tried it in a while.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de