[linux-dvb] Re: OT: video cable

Jonietz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question that's a bit off-topic:
> Have somebody experience with the maximal length of the video cable between VDR
> and TV? I want to have VDR in the room under the TV, so I need a long cable...
> which length can be used with an acceptable quality?

That depends very much on the quality of the cable.
But you can get very high quality cable really cheap:
just buy sat coax! Modern sat coax cable is well-shielded
and has a low capacity. There is no such thing as "too good",
so it weorks well for "lesser" applications such as an FBAS
signal.

Carsten.