[linux-dvb] Lowest possible hardware configuration for VDR?

Hello list,

I just wanted to let you know that I succeeded in setting up a
VDR-System on a Pentium-133 (non MMX) System with 64MB of RAM.
The System is based on an older SuSE-Linux 6.4 updated to kernel
2.4.5.

Until yesterday it ran with DVB-0.8.2 and vdr-0.72 on a Kernel 2.4.2.
Since than it is using DVP-0.90 and vdr-0.80.

It works flawlessly with one DVB-S card and is also able to play DVDs
with the DVB-dvdplayer ( just some occasional videodisturbances in the
lower quarter of the image. But I am not sure if these are caused by
my "lowpower" system or just a problem of the dvdplayer program
itself.)

The only (minor) problem was to introduce the 40GB harddisk to the
ASUS 55TP4N Board. (I first had to enable the 32GB clip to overcome
the BIOS limits, but than started to use an IBM-diskmanager and some
kernel parameters to use the full 40GB - more details on demand...)

Is someone bidding less ;) ?

Best regards,
 Juergen
 mailto:juergen.scherer@gmx.de