[linux-dvb] AW: Re: AlphaCrypt CI module?

That is EXACTLY the topic where Premiere violates current law (not only in
my opinion). For example, Switzerland has forbidden the introduction of
D-Boxes for Teleclub, because they saw an illegal attempt of L.Kirch to
become the only supplier of decryption equipment for pay-TV. I don't think,
that a pay-TV supplier is allowed to dictate you how you have to receive its
program. You buy the right to VIEW Premiere with your subscription, not the
right to view it in a certain way. As a consequence, if someone likes to
struggle a law suit against Premiere (which would become tough, of course;
they employ many lawyers, who would be happy to earn money with that), this
should be very promising, thus they would possibly be forced to change their
AGBs. But that's not very likely to become true, therefore the better way
would be just to ignore this passage in the AGBs, relying in the fact that
Premiere would not fight a law suit against you. If they like to lose you as
a customer (that seems to me the only thing they could do: to cancel your
contract)...
Another example is the passage in the contract conditions of a Premiere
Superpackage (I'm not sure, if it's in the AGBs as well), which says that
you have to connect your D-Box (always) to a free phone line, to enable
Premiere to initiate your D-Box dialing a Premiere modem and transfer data
about your box to them. This is an absolute ridiculous passage !! Maybe
someone remembers, that Microsoft tried to do something very similar a few
years ago (and failed, of course)...therefore: just ignore it...

> > At least in my AGB is a paragraph which says that you are
> only allowed to
> > place the smartcard into a D-box.
>
> Some times ago - i have phoned with the PW-Hotline-Leader - i
> have asked the "Price" of my used D-BOX and i have sayed him
> that i want to use it in a CI-Module.
>
> He sayed me thet this is not a Problem ! - And i can use it
> at my CI ! - But i have to rent the D-BOX....
>

> So it seems that they don´t know ther own AGB :-)

I would suspect they know this passage, but they know as well that they are
not able (and willing) to force you to respect it...

Regards,

Rolf