[linux-dvb] Internet via DVB-Cable

Hello list,

Well, I am quite new to this stuff and really starry-eyed.
As I understood the Internet connection via DVB
I send data upstream into the net via ISDN
and downstream data comes from cable to my DVB Card.

Well, this concept seems to be quite clear to me,
on the first view at least,
but as I tried to configure the ippp and dvb
it happened exactly what I expected:
nothing works.

My primary problem is that I do not understand
how the downstream data is routed into the cable.
Are there any FAQs explaining that more detailed
or do I need a special Provider who supports downstream routing finally?

Any help?

Christoph

Christoph Meißner	   Hoc legendo tibi supereducatus scire potes.
cmeissne@primus-online.de  (If you can read this, you are overlearned.)
Tel.: -277