[linux-dvb] Re: Lowest possible hardware configuration for VDR?

Axel Gruber <axelgruber2@gmx.de> schrieb am 11.06.01:
> >> Linux will just work fine (with drives <120GB for now ;-)

> I use 4 80 GB disk´s at the moment - works fine here !

I've installed a 40 GB disk in a old 486 (DX 40). It was exactly as the linux howto saied: the only misstake you can
make is to worry about it. just make sure that the kernel is in sectors < 1024 turn off bios "big disk" support and you are fine.

btw: to answer the original question. i can't beat your offer. the 486 has no PCI slots ... (but VESA Localbus, does anybody rememer?)