[linux-dvb] VDR channel list automatic SI-update

Hi there,

playing around with Service Information (SI) data structures I had an
idea how to improve VDR. As far as I know the service Identifier (SID),
called 'Program Number', is the only information needed to find out all
associated audio / video / teletext PIDs and the name of a programme.
When there are programmes with multiple audio channels or generally
changing configurations it would be nice if VDR could recognize any
changes automatically by parsing the service (component) descriptors in
a background thread (similar to the EIT thread). So it would be possible
to update the channels.conf file and to set the PIDs automatically. So
for e.g. it would be possible to switch between different languages
(when available)...

What do you think about such a function?

Deti