[linux-dvb] AW: Re: New version of vdr & driver

Hi Klaus,

>> and the Never Change A Running System
>> fact  is against it :-)

As Linux-newbie I'm shrinking from upgrading the kernel and possibly
leaving my vdr-machine unusable.

> From what I can say so far, the latest CVS driver version
> together with
> VDR 0.81 (which is VDR 0.80 plus a small patch from
> ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.81.diff.gz) records
> and replays great.

You reported on problems with channel-switching, others have trouble to
install the driver (unresolved symbols). The non proper working cutting
function seems to be another drawback. Also I don't see the great
advantage in upgrading, except from excluding myself from the further
development of vdr.

Are the mentioned problems already solved? Flawless channel-switching is
_very_ important to me.

Ciao, Mel