[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: New version of vdr & driver

schaechner wrote:

> > From what I can say so far, the latest CVS driver version
> > together with
> > VDR 0.81 (which is VDR 0.80 plus a small patch from
> > ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.81.diff.gz) records
> > and replays great.
>
> You reported on problems with channel-switching, others have trouble to
> install the driver (unresolved symbols). The non proper working cutting
> function seems to be another drawback. Also I don't see the great
> advantage in upgrading, except from excluding myself from the further
> development of vdr.
>
> Are the mentioned problems already solved? Flawless channel-switching is
> _very_ important to me.

Hi Mel,

intensive channel switching is still a problem, but I'm afraid that's
something that has to be solved in the driver. As long as you disable
the EPG scanner it seems to work quite reliable.

The "cutting bug" will be the next thing I fix.

Klaus