[linux-dvb] Re: Autogenerating marks.vdr

> You could modify the cRecordControl class so that it remembers the
> Recording.FileName() and the channel number (or name). Then in
> cRecordControl::Stop() you could use that information to call your
> program after stopping the recording (see menu.c/.h).
>
> I assume that your program will run for a while, so I suggest you
> make it so that it forks a new process and returns immediately.
> Otherwise VDR's watchdog timer might go off, if VDR was started with
> the '-w' option.

It would even be possible to do that within vdr during recording (in a
separate thread?).
I wonder if the broadcasters will then remove the icons, or make them
changing all the time or display them during the commercials as well ;-)

Anyway, there are still those broadcaster-commercials where the logo is still
shown...

Would be great to have a (binary, non image based) "characterisation
function" (that is the oposite of a hashing function) for that job.
One could use one value (e.g. 64..256bit) for every frame stored in a file,
and then simply remove _all_ frames that are displayed more than once (that
would automatically remove overlapping movie segments after com's.) or coming
out of a database of such numbers.

One possibility for such a function would be a very high compression DCT,
maybe some coefficients of the original mpeg-dct-data can be used...

Ideas? Comments?