[linux-dvb] Channel switching problems with VDR

Hi,

I'm using a single Hauppauge DVB-S card (I guess the old model) with
vdr-0.81 and the latest dvb drivers from CVS.

After vdr completes an EPG scan it is not possible to view any channel
anymore - that's obviously an already known problem. However, I'm
wondering that a channel can be tuned, since I don't get the 'channel x
not sync'ed' messages, but I still get no video or sound.
I can replay recordings in this state, though, but usually the dvb
driver goes into an ARM reset loop with final system lockup when
performing some fast forward/backward playback actions.

Vdr runs fine if the EPG scanner is switched off.

When I switch channels manually I regularly get 'channel x not sync'ed'
messages for certain channels, e.g. VOX. Tuning seems to succeed after
1 or 2 retries but after that I still get no video or sound. I've to
switch forth and back to the desired channel several times until I can
finally watch it. This is my main concern because if this happens
for a scheduled recording it will probably not record the desired
program.

If you want me to test more stuff just let me know.

Regards,
Andreas