[linux-dvb] Re: Creating a small DTV distribution?!

> Engelmann F. wrote:
>

> > wouldn't it be great to build a small special linux
> distribution (based on
> > kernel 2.4, xfs filesystem...) that comes with vdr or dtv and a
> dvd player?
> > till know everithing isn't finished but when it is such a compact
> > distribution would be great! something like fli4l is in routing
> this distri
> > should be in DIGITAL TV and DVD!
> > Good idea?
>

> I'm still working on a mini environiment for vdr. My goal is to store
> all programms on a flash disc and to use the hard disc for recording only.
> I estimate a nessasary size of about 8 to 10 Megs.(with reiserfs and
> nfs-server)

GREAT - any homepage?
Good idea to use a flash disk! What filesystem do u want to use on the
flashdisk? Syslinux and vfat should work great?! Reiserfs is ok! We need
samba i think! do u use a distribution like redhat or do u build your own
tools?

cu engel