[linux-dvb] Re: Creating a small DTV distribution?!

Hi!

* Alfred Zastrow <alfred.zastrow@t-online.de> [20010617 23:29]:
> >> I'm still working on a mini environiment for vdr. My goal is to store
> >> all programms on a flash disc and to use the hard disc for recording only.
> >> I estimate a nessasary size of about 8 to 10 Megs.(with reiserfs and
> >> nfs-server)
>
> > GREAT - any homepage?
>
> Not yet, it's still alpha
>
> > Good idea to use a flash disk! What filesystem do u want to use on the
> > flashdisk? Syslinux and vfat should work great?! Reiserfs is ok! We need
> > samba i think! do u use a distribution like redhat or do u build your own
> > tools?
>
> I build everything myself. I don't have a commercial distribution.

wise decision ;)

> BTW: Samba 2.20 takes 2 mb for the damons, 5.5 mb for the help binarys
> und 3 mb for some codepages.

please consider taking a look at http://www.fefe.de/dietlibc/ for a
smaller libc alternative. as filesystem on flash you might want to use
cramfs, as filesystem on disk you might want to use XFS instead of
reiserfs. it's stable as well and gives you definitely more disk space.

Kind regards

   Count

--
Andreas Kotes - UIN: 3741366 - The views expressed herein are (only) mine.
You don't have to change the world... to change the world. You're either part