[linux-dvb] Re: New version of vdr & driver

Matthias Weingart wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jun 2001, Ulrich Gierschner wrote:
>
> > Hi !
> >
> > > VDR 0.81 (which is VDR 0.80 plus a small patch from
> > > ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.81.diff.gz) records
> > > and replays great.
> >
> > No glitches anymore ? What about the "mux-quality" of the streams ? Are they
> > usable to work with other programs (e.g. FlaskMPEG ?)
>
> The muxing doesn't changed, only the driver reserved a bigger buffer for
> the MPEG-decoder, but in vdr81pre is some code for rearranging the
> packets. Maybe extract that code and make a standalone converter...

That code has become obsolete in the meantime, since now the driver by
itself allows error free recording and playback. I wrote that code at
a time when the theory was that the application would have to do additional
work on the data stream to make this work. Fortunately that is no longer
necessary now :-)

If that "Packet resequencer" is of any use for other applications, feel
free to use it in any way. VDR won't use it any more.

Klaus