[linux-dvb] Re: AC3 output through soundcard (S-PDIF)

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > > Furthermore, why don't you leave them in private streams? Anything else
 > > would be incompatible.
 >
 > I thought since there are 32 audio packet IDs (0xC0 ... 0xDF) i'd use
 > the 0xC* for the "normal" and the 0xD* for the "dolby" tracks.
 > I must admit that I haven't had a look at the AC3 data yet.
 >
 > When I set up the TS to deliver both the "primary" audio and the "secondary"
 > audio (i.e. for instance the original soundtrack) I get them both with
 > packet ID 0xC0, so I have made VDR to convert the 0xC0 in the second
 > audio stream to 0xC1 (see VDR's remux.c, line 433), so that I can tell them
 > apart when replaying.
 > Maybe this was not a good idea - if so, which IDs do you suggest I use?

AC3 comes in private PES packets (id 0xBD). Multiple tracks are
distinguished by sub-stream ids starting with 0x80. If multiple audio
channels in different PIDs use the same sub-id you will have to
change them to 0x80, 0x81, ...  to create a PS out of them.

Ralph