[linux-dvb] Re: AC3 und mehr:

Hi...

Quoting Axel Gruber (axelgruber2@gmx.de):

> > Hi Klaus and the rest in here,
> > i think u can find some nice information on this page
> > http://www.dominance.net/overflow/
> > U also should contact the programmer - he is a very nice guy! I think he
> > could help u to build this AC3 thing.
>
> I donīt think you will reach Uli Hermann (this is his Real-Name) !
>
> He never answer to E-Mails and he is not availible in a CHAT.
>
>  - Sure - he is a realy good Programmer - but a little Excentric (hope this is right in english :-)
>
> He found a way to reprogramm the software in the DBOX1 to sent the AC3 Stream to the DIGITAL-OUT of the DBOX1 (only if you have installed a DIGI-OUT).
>
> But i donīt know how you want to use his knowledge with the DVB-S Project ?

Come on. There a 2 possibilities and for both of them you don't need to be a
programming guru...

1. Filter the AC3 data, decode it, downmix it and send it to a DSP or even
back to the DVB-S card as a LPCM PES..
2. Filter the AC3 data and forward it to a digtial audio output.

The 1. possibility might be a solution for DVD payload (where you almost
only have AC3 audio). But you always get non AC3 audio broadcasted (AFAIK), so
for watching TV this is irrelevant.

The 2. possibility would need a common interface. I suggest to look what the
VideoLan people have done and to look at the also project too.

Bye... SP.
--
Szymon Polom                      | GPG Key-ID 1024D/E6EA36F2
convergence integrated media GmbH | http://www.convergence.de