[linux-dvb] Re: AC3 the fastest way ???

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> why not implementing the ac3 output the same way like Mtjaz made it in
> DVDPLAYER .... this is a fast and for everyone usable sollution ... the
> code how to get the stream out can be get from dvdplayer ...
>
> With an configureable target for ac3 streams anyone can decide how to
> handle it like pipe into a file or into a fifo ... or even a programm ...

That's exactly how I intend to do it.
VDR will get a command line option which defines the program into which
to pipe the AC3 data while replaying or viewing. That way everybody can
do this the way the actual system needs it.

I'm sorry this is taking so long, but I have a daytime job that leaves
me only the weekends to work on VDR - I will do my best to get this up
and running this weekend :-)

Klaus